Monday, November 23, 2009

3-D Table Runner

This week the Yankee Quilter hosted a class, taught by my friend Pam, to make a 3-D table runner. It was held from 6 pm to midnight, and I had all expectations to finish, even though I was going in with very little prepared -- only a few strips had been cut.

This pattern was intensive. Once the strips were cut, long tubes were sewed, turned right-side out and ironed. From there, weaving took place to form the 3-D pattern.

While this table runner took me a total of approximately 10 hours, it was a fun project, and I just love the final product! I have many table runners for Christmas, Easter, Springtime, Halloween, but none in a basic Autum print. The fabric I had chosen includes Thimbleberries (the gold) and Gobble Gobble by Moda. I chose not to use the Moda prints for the borders, however, as I felt the busy-ness of the print took away from the dimensional aspects of the blocks.

I'm really pleased with the way this table runner turned out, and I still have material left over. I'm thinking it's enough to make a matching candle mat or place mat!

2 comments:

  1. Hello!!! LOVE your table runner it is adorable and so is Olivia! Great to have you back :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of this runner. Where did you get the pattern? Is it available to purchase somewhere?

    ReplyDelete