Sunday, December 21, 2008

Welcome Winter!


I would have been remiss if I didn't post something about the winter weather we've had here in the East this weekend. Very appropriate given today was the first day of winter! Above is a picture of my two Golden Retrievers out during the height of the storm, which didn't seem to bother them!

The snow started Friday afternoon about 1 pm; schools had cancelled for the day as a precaution, so my husband and daughter lucked out with a snow day. It continued to fall right through early this afternoon, for a total of about 10". It made for great sledding, cooking making, and quilting (of course)... but the snow is gone, along with the weekend, and it's back to reality tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. OMG! You didn't tell me!!! Welcome to the world of blogging! I am so excited that you have a blog and I can't wait to see all your quilts and hear the details and stories behind them. Hope you had a wonderful snowy weekend. We will talk soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine! I'm Lurline and Lisa has suggested I visit - that nice of her! Loved hearing about your dear Mum and I hope to see lots of your quilts in the days to come! I'll get my friends to check you out - you will love Blogland - a nice place to be! Happy Christmas!
    Hugs - Lurline!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christine,
    I came by Lisa's blog to welcome you to blogland..
    It was nice reading about your Mum and how you started quilting.
    I look forward to seeing some of your quilts..
    Hugs Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete